Suspect in Human Trafficking Faces Prison Time
September 6th, 2012 by milwaukeepolice
Police Officers Tara Ferguson, Jaimie Hewitt and Detective Steve Wells, while assigned to the prostitution unit based out of Sensitive Crimes, conducted a human trafficking investigation involving a pimp named Maries D. Addison. The group identified and interviewed several women who had been prostituted or assaulted by Addison. Ultimately, they were able to get four victims to cooperate with law enforcement and the district attorney’s office, which led to a successful prosecution.
Addison was charged with numerous counts of:
- Human trafficking
- Child Enticement-Prostitution
- Trafficking of a Child
- 1st Deg. Sexual Assault/Aided by Others
- 2nd Degree Sexual Assault/Use of Force
- 3rd Degree Sexual Assault
- Child Enticement-Expose Sex Organ
- Strangulation and Suffocation
- Child Sexploitation-Employ,Use,Induce
- False Imprisonment and Kidnapping/Seize or Confine w/o Consent.
After more than two weeks in trial where Addison represented himself, he was found guilty of 17 out of 22 charges on August 28, 2012. He will be sentenced on November 2, 2012. Excellent work by these officers in taking this criminal off the street.