Summer Burglary Prevention Tips
This is a friendly reminder about burglary prevention as summer is now upon us.
- Please make sure to lock your doors and windows when you leave your residence, even if it is just for a short time, to prevent burglars from entering your residence.
- Look into installing sturdy deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- If you have an air conditioning window unit make sure it is secured so that it cannot be pushed inside of your residence from the outside.
- Do not place valuables where they will be visible from your doors or windows.
- Make sure you increase occupancy indicators (e.g., increase exterior and/or interior lights, leave your radio or TV on, etc.).
Please share this information with your neighbors. If you have any additional questions about target hardening your residence please contact the Community Liaison Officer in your police district.
Please call the Milwaukee Police non-emergency number at 933-4444 if you notice any suspicious activity in your neighborhood.